I focus my practice on appellate litigation—including complex civil cases, domestic relations cases, criminal cases, and administrative cases. Attorneys also retain me for work on major trial-court motions. Initial consultations are free.
Nearly all of my cases come to me through attorneys. My engagements are structured—both financially and operationally—to suit the needs of the client and the referring attorney. I variously work as sole counsel of record, as co-counsel of record, and merely supporting the work of a referring attorney. Because clients vary in their tolerance for risk, and because each case is unique, I often allow clients to choose their fee structure: hourly rate, fixed fee, hourly rate with a cap, or (in non-domestic-relations civil cases) contingent fee.
I have represented clients in trials, appeals, administrative hearings, arbitrations, mediations, and depositions. My 22 years of litigation experience includes cases involving:
- contract disputes (including both enforcement and limitation of non-compete covenants),
- criminal appeals,
- domestic relations appeals,
- juvenile appeals,
- complex questions of civil procedure,
- product liability,
- close-corporation shareholder disputes,
- probate litigation (including breach of fiduciary duty, removal of fiduciary, will contest, concealment of assets, and guardianship),
- professional licensing,
- insurance coverage,
- real estate title, land use, and zoning,
- unemployment compensation,
- Revised Code Section 117.28 “finding for recovery” action, and
- university academic discipline.
Initial consultations are free.
I engage in hourly, fixed,
contingent, capped, and other
creative fee arrangements.
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM and Martindale-Hubbell NotableSM are Certification Marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies.